Here are 13 fabulous reasons to consider ADD medication for adults as part of your treatment plan.
As an ADHD Coach, I always include discussing the ins and outs of taking stimulant medication, what can be expected and the monitoring of their effectiveness. I believe that information and education is a critical part of anyone’s treatment plan. Then, the decisions are yours and you may feel more in control.
By no means are these medications meant to cure ADHD, but for most, they provide an effective way of better managing (actually providing substantial improvements in) many of your ADHD symptoms.
According to the research (I’m talking about large, controlled, long term studies), stimulant medication actually corrects or compensates for the neurobiological problems experienced by people with ADHD.
The lifestyle benefits often outweigh the arguments voiced against ADD medication for adults, such as:
- Decreased impulsivity
- Less distractibility, forgetfulness and procrastination
- Better planning skills and time management
- Increased emotional self-control
Can you imagine the positive impact that can have on your career, relationships, finances and overall well-being?
- Less anxiety and overwhelm from feeling out-of-control.
- Being on-time for appointments, meetings and social things.
- Having more financial resources because you’re in control of your spending impulses.
- Starting and finishing a task as you intended and on time.
- Loving and trusting relationships with loved ones because you’re following through on commitments and focusing more on the other person.
- Better and more consistent employment in a career/job you love because you deliver results on time and efficiently.
- Feeling comfortable and safe in your own home because you are able to control the clutter and disorganization.
- Fewer misunderstandings, arguments, or hurt feelings because you’re more tuned in to others who count.
- Having more time to spend with family, hobbies and other recreation because you planned them.
- Few driving violations, vehicle accidents and near-misses because you’re more attentive and focused.
- Less frustration over lost keys, wallet, notes, reminders, to-do lists, phone, etc. because you won’t lose them anymore.
- A higher credit rating, fewer late fees and collection notices because you are paying your bills on time.
- Fewer emotional outbursts and relationship alienation.
I’m sure you readers can think of more reasons why add medication for adults makes sense.
And finally, if you need help managing your adult ADHD don’t procrastinate. Get some assistance. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit my website: https://adhdtreatmentsolutions.com/