Getting through college with ADD/ADHD adds an additional challenge that other students don’t have to deal with.
Don’t let this prevent you from realizing your dream!
Is ignoring your ADD/ADHD causing you stress and anxiety? Do you find that you:
- Fail to achieve your goals causing you to feel like a college degree is an impossible goal, or college isn’t right for you?
- Sign up for more classes in one semester than you can handle?
- Schedule them at the wrong time of day instead of when you work best?
- Put off studying until the last minute and pulling all-nighters?
- Feel like you’ll be missing out if you study instead of spend time with friends and then don’t do the work because you’re so far behind?
- Don’t get help because you think you should be able to handle things on your own (and maybe your struggles will magically disappear)?
- Are throwing away thousands of dollars and not getting anything in return?
You are not alone……
Getting through college does NOT have to be filled with anxiety, frustration and feelings of failure.
Semester Survival Coaching will work with you every step of the way during the semester to help you realize the success that you really want.
Experience has shown that ADD/ADHD Coaching, as part of an effective treatment plan* along with a strong desire on the part of the student, can make the difference between struggling to get through school (or failing), and getting the grades that match your intellectual ability.
I'm maintaining a B average!
At 21 I had already flunked out of two schools, wasted over $60,000 and had no clue how to make college work for me. Of course it probably didn’t help that I skipped classes regularly, and stayed up late with my friends when I should have been studying.
Linda helped me recognize that with my ADD I couldn’t continue with the same habits and expect different results. With Linda I figured out when I needed to get on-campus help and where to find it, as well as how much time I really needed to study for finals and complete projects. We created a schedule that worked for me. I knew Linda was there for me if when I needed support.
I never used an agenda and tried to keep everything in my head. Exhausting! And, when the work got too hard I’d slack off and hope that somehow it would get done later. By the end of my third semester I had a 1.2 GPA and no idea how to get out of the whole I’d dug.
Linda helped me understand that my ADD makes my ability to organize my time challenging. She helped me figure out how to use a calendar that works for me, and how to get through big projects on time. It really got rid of my stress. Now that I can keep up with the work I’m getting A’s.
Think differently….you are not your ADD/ADHD.
Your ADD/ADHD does a wonderful job at helping you hang on to old ideas about YOU. The question is how well is that working for you?
Take a look at how you can move from the thoughts that hold you back, to new ones that will move you forward.
|Old: Keep doing what you’ve always done.||New: Learn new strategies and habits.|
|Old: Keep doing what you’ve always done.||New: Face your issues head-on and make things happen.|
|Old: Work even harder than before.||New: Work differently and get new results.|
|Old: Don’t ask for help. It’s a sign of weakness.||New: Everyone needs help so do you!|
I get calls and emails everyday from students who are desperate to make a change in their lives so that they can manage their ADD, and stop it from managing them.
Old thinking can hold you back. Replace it with new thoughts and actions and watch yourself soar. You are creating a new reality! Semester Survival Coaching can do that for you.
How I can help YOU become successful!
Deciding to get help is THE most important step you can take toward realizing your goal. It’s not enough to want to succeed. Good intentions are just that, intentions. In order to be successful, you MUST be open to making changes in your life.
I’ve been coaching individuals with ADD/ADHD for more than 15 years and I know that your symptoms can be managed successfully to help you change your life. BUT, I only work with people who are ready for coaching.
Is it becoming obvious that the steps that you have been taking aren’t leading you to the outcome that you want?
Would you like to be able to:
- Plan your semester so you know what’s due when. No surprises!
- Never miss a class. Get up in time and attend every class;
- Stay on top of the daily work load, especially reading and math;
- Stop procrastinating and get started when you need to;
- Stick with your assignments until they are finished – no distractions;
- Get your work done while having time for fun;
- Make good decisions and using your time wisely;
- Manage your workload and know when to drop a class;
- Figure out how to get the social network on campus that you really want;
- Know when to ask for help and where to get it.
- Get rid of that anxious feeling that something is going to go wrong?
Does this sound like an opportunity that you can afford to pass up?
Here’s the deal.
With the Semester Survival Coaching you will receive:
- An in-depth consultation to identify your unique needs;
- 24 (30 minute) coaching sessions in person, by phone or webcam;
- Unlimited email or phone check-ins between sessions;
- Unlimited strategies for managing the areas that present challenges for you such as:
- Planning, time management and organization;
- Procrastination and project completion;
- Overwhelm and stress;
- Decision making;
- Recognizing the signs of trouble before it’s too late;
- Getting help: who, when, where and how;
- Knowing when to cut your losses at: school, in sports and outside activities, socially and work.
Your cost is only $2250 and a personal investment in your future.
You save yourself the cost of another “lost” semester AND lots of frustration, anxiety, stress and disappointment!